Leading with Passion with Kim O'Keefe
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from Kim O’Keefe and her life’s journey of achievement, fulfilment and purpose.
Kim has so much passion for what she does it resonates with everyone who comes in contact with her. She believes that there is opportunity everywhere we look, as long as you are prepared to be open.
Kim has spent her life sharing and growing, building strong relationships and taking those relationships along her journey of purpose and passion.
Kim will share her story of strength and courage and the absolute belief that if you lead with passion and purpose you not only achieve ultimate fulfilment but you create a better world for others.
Kim will address the following areas:
- What it was like growing up in a regional town with family challenges
- People we meet along the way – how do others really influence our lives
- Seeing an opportunity – Our response will determine success or failure
- Who am I? – Why I am who I am today.
- Gaining a broader understanding that circumstances don’t define who we are
- Understanding the impact other people can have on us
- Embracing opportunity without fear of failure
- Realising what makes us who we are
- Adopting the philosophy that, “If she can - so can I”
YOUR GUEST SPEAKER
Kim grew up in Shepparton, raised her two daughters with her husband Brendan and ran her own business for 28 years in the service and training industry. Kim is currently the National Education and Marketing manager for the Salons Group.
Kim’s passion for the region has seen her dedicate her time to supporting the community and leading positive change. In 2016 Kim was elected to the Greater Shepparton City Council as Deputy Mayor followed by two years as Mayor and currently a Councillor.
Kim left school at 15 years of age. Growing up, Kim had some family challenges but that didn’t stop her having an incredibly successful life. It’s not surprising that Kim sees opportunity and success for all and is a testament to what you can achieve in life. Kim believes it was the influence and support of others, the relationships she had and her attitude to life is what lead her to have an optimistic, happy and fulfilling life.
- Kim has been a volunteer for The Look Good Feel Better program for 20 years.
- Kim is an advocate for Women’s health.
- Kim currently Volunteers 2 mornings a week at Foodshare.
- Kim is also a very strong advocate for the Homeless.
- Kim is on the Board for the Fairley Leadership program.